Tuesday, June 17, 2014

What I Am Loving This Summer


Summer. Hair gets lighter, Skin gets darker, Water gets warmer, Drinks get colder, Music gets louder, Nights get longer and Life gets better. Hopefully this applies to most of you out there, but if not try some of the things that I am loving this summer.

1) 5 Seconds of Summer: This band has completely taken over my life and my happiness. I remember hearing their first track, She Looks So Perfect, during my last few weeks of my freshman year at college. Not only was the song super catchy, but it was also quite a well thought out song lyrically. I think the song has the ability to appeal to a wide variety of people. After reading up on the band, I discovered a few other songs that have not been released yet and they are really good! My favorite genre of music happens to be punk rock, but this band far exceeds my expectations and really can appeal to a wide range of music tastes. So take a listen to their new album when it comes out July 22.

2) Bucket Lists: I have always been a fan of creating bucket lists, but this summer I have really made it a point to complete more things on my list. Bucket lists are great for pushing yourself to try new things and who knows maybe you will find a new passion or hobby. Summer is also the perfect time to work on checking off those things you have always wanted to do. For inspiration, here are some things on my summer bucket list: watch the sunrise, ride a ferris wheel, spend a day on the boat, go to a rave, go stargazing, go on a road trip, travel to a new place, go camping, go kayaking, and go on a picnic.

3) Suits: Well, ladies and gentleman, Suits is back on this summer on the USA network and I must say I've never been happier. If you haven't watched Suits before, you need to go to Netflix, Amazon Prime, or some illegal site now. Besides Breaking Bad, this show has been a huge addiction for me. I already love law and legal studies, but this show solidifies my passion for it. Even if you don't like law, this show will make you want to be Harvey Spector. You can catch the latest episodes of Suits on the USA Network at 9pm on Wednesdays.

4) Summer Drives: I can totally speak for myself and a few other people I know that summer drives are one of the most relaxing things to do. I just love going on an open road filled with beautiful fields of grass and flowers, rolling all the windows down, blasting my favorite music, and jamming out hardcore while cruising around. Seriously, there is nothing better than this. It's like a little tour of all the beauty summer has to offer. The amazing weather, the great tunes, and the beauty around us can easily add to our happiness.

5) Letting it be and going with the flow: If it is one thing I learned this summer it's not just trying to be productive, but it's also just going with the flow. I was so obsessed with finding an internship this summer that I was letting all that stress get to me. The stress was killing my summer vibes and ruining possibly one of the best summers of my life. I literally tried everything and applied to even the smallest internships. Every place was telling me that I was "too young and only a freshman." Well I finally learned that if no place will take me even with a killer resume, I should just enjoy my summer while it lasts. I don't mean to just lay around and do nothing all day, but I mean do what you love and see where this summer takes you. Start up a project you have always dreamed about or work on a business idea you have thought about doing for ages. Now is the time when you can really try and pursue your dreams. Get that part-time job if you need the money and then follow your dreams when your not working. And of course, when you're not doing either of those things, RELAX! Enjoy your summer! Follow your passions, hang with your friends, have a summer fling, spend time with your family, and most importantly yourself! Don't stress over things that are not happening right now because what will be will be. Just enjoy your time and do the things you have always dreamed of. Now is your time!

I hope you all are having one kickass summer and don't forget to post lots of photos in the process!

Love,
Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment